Getting started with EXT:news
The extension "news" is the state-of-the-art solution for displaying news records in a TYPO3 installation. Even though the extensions is shipped in a ready-to-use status, it might be difficult for beginners to start with it.
This talk should help beginners to start not only with the extension itself but also with fluid as fluid solves many problems you would have needed to code PHP in pre-fluid-extensions.
The talk covers:
- Installation of the latest version
- Configuration of a typical scenario: List view, Single view
- Creating the records: cagegories, news including usage of FAL, ...
- Adopting the frontend:
- Changing templates
- Explaining typical scenarios possible with fluid: conditions,counting,grouping
- Adding simple VH for custom problems
- Extending EXT:news
- Adding properties to model
- Adding a custom controller
A poll before the T3DD might also show some additional requests which should be covered.